At Trans American, our ideal candidate shares our beliefs:
- That clients come first, last and only, and that without them we are nothing
- When it comes to clients and individual performance "good enough" is never good enough
- That there is always a better way to do things and that innovation is the sharpest competitive edge
- That complacency is "kryptonite"
- It is our duty to ask, "How can we do this better, faster, cheaper...or like never before?"
- That our Performance Guarantees to clients are not marketing gimmicks but inspire us to continually raise our standards of excellence
Our Ideal Business Development Executive Demonstrates the Following Attributes
- Aptitude for developing new business for our Customs and Logistics services
- Impeccable honesty, integrity and personal accountability
- Creativity and resourcefulness
- Entreprenurial spirit and strong sales drive
- Utilizes an effective an repeatable selling approach that consistently builds the sales pipeline ensuring opportunities are well qualified and advance successfully
Established in 1984 as an in-house Customs broker for a large U.S. food processor, over the past 30 years Trans American has evolved into an industry innovator in Customs and global logistics. Our origins mean we are hard-wired to approach challenges and develop solutions from a client perspective. We share the urgency of clients who expect more than the status quo, and who see Customs and global logistics not as necessary evils but as opportunities to gain advantage and realize global ambitions. Because of this, all that we do is geared toward empowering clients with real, customized competitive advantages. Our business is to empower our clients’ business.
|Lead Generation & Prospecting||
Generate leads from personal knowledge, business directories, databases, business websites, referrals, and professional trade associations.
Participate in blogging, social media, and professional trade associations as a subject matter expert in the eld of Customs & Logistics.
Follow company guidelines for prospecting new opportunities.
Ability to create demand by asking thorough questions to assess prospect’s business needs.
Gather specific intelligence, identify the client value proposition, and layout the strategy to convert the prospect into a client.
Assess prospect’s needs to determine fit between companies.
|Align & Close||
Propose and present creative, intelligent, and comprehensive service proposals that solve clients’ problems.
Highlight our unique differences and client benefits.
Minimize travel with effective use of Webex and teleconferencing.
Generate new business of $300,000 gross profit minimum on an annual basis.
- Bachelor’s Degree & minimum five (5) years business development experience preferably in the Customs and Transportation industry.
- Possess a highly successful new business development track-record and ideally with a strong knowledge of logistics services for U.S. and Canadian based users.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and oral.
- Proficiency with computer software, specifically CRM, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Excellent attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Must be experienced and comfortable working in a fast-paced entrepreneurial environment and able to deal well with change.
- Strong work ethic and ability to get things done; work independently.
- Exercises good judgment and utilizes creative problem solving skills.
If this sounds like you and you would like to apply for the position, please send your cover letter, resume, and salary history to the following address (email preferred):Trans American Customs & Logistics
4902 North America Drive
Buffalo, NY 14224
Attn: Human Resources